Thursday, November 6, 2014

Some Random Thoughts

1. I sewed a pinstripe skirt last weekend.
2. It's a wadder.
3. I may blog about it later.
4. Even though the photos are incredibly UNflattering.
5. Or I may not.
6. I reached into my BWOF (yes, still WOF) archives.
7. Traced through the roadmap.
8. Even graded it up two sizes, since this was a "regular" size.
9. Sewed it all together.
10. Even installed a me-shortened invisible zipper perfectly.
11. And it's horrible if one has a belly.
12. Which I do. Hah.
13. Oh well.
14. Onward and upward.
15. I also cut out another non-Burda skirt and another Jenna cardi last weekend.
16. I was on a roll.
17. Until that Burda made me lose my mind.
18. I'll start on the other two projects first thing Saturday.
19. Unless I'm distracted by the HotPatterns order that arrived after work tonight.
20. I forgot what else I ordered beside the new HP cardi.
21. The package is taunting me.
22. I think I ordered at least one skirt.
23. And I still have more of the pinstripe fabric.
24. Will I allow myself to go off the rails again?
25. Time will tell.
26. Tune in to the Curvy Sewing Collective blog tomorrow for Wrapalong results.
27. Even with a wadder, it's been a good week.
28. Because, yay, fabric prizes! :-)
29. And, I found out today that I am now a permanent employee.
30. Woot!

30 comments:

  1. YAY on the permanent employee bit! BOO on the wadder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being permanent.....

    I still am trying to get past the idea that you have a package from HP and haven't opened it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the permanent position!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, on the permanent position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! Do the permanent employee happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your permanent status!Too bad about the wadder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. boo to the wadder! but I also still call it BWOF! I really can't get on board with BS. sorry. it's still my beloved BWOF. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news regarding your career! So glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the job! Oh, and your "random thoughts" always crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the permanent job! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab news about the job. Must go and look at the HP site to see what they have on offer

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the best Debbie in your new job and great to have the security of knowing its permanent. Wadders, well they happen... I'm puzzling over one at the moment to see how/if it can be saved. Mine was a cutting wadder, so very cranky at myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You buried the lede! Congratulations--I'm very happy for you.

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hallelujah! About time someone recognized you are valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the permanent role :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Happy for you about the job!! I know you must be relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha, Deb, you saved the best for last. Congratulations!! And..we all get wadders sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on becoming a permanent employee AND on your wrapalong win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. #29 is the biggest news of all! Woot indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on winning the wrap contest too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yayayayay! Many congrats on permanent employment, Debbie! May the shoe buying commence!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congra-SHOE-lations!

    Hah. See what I did there? =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Many congratulations on your new job - what grear news, and happy fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Big congratulations! That's the best news. So glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! Both on the weight loss and a permanent position. Woot! Hope you win the wrap dress contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the job and congrats for being a top winner in the wrap-A-along contest! Can't wait to hear what you buy with your gift card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.